Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 70: A Continuation: D'orsay pumps

[I realized I published the previous post at 12:34am. How awesome.]

I am currently witnessing possibly the best episode of The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien. A $1.5 million comedy skit? I can't wait to see what the rest of the week has in store... <3

So this is the second or fourth day of gloomy, rainy weather. It was really promising for screwing up everyone's plans; it began to snow around 3. But it only stayed for an hour or so and it started to sprinkle again.

A little grey bird with an aureolin splotched breast hopped past my window, and I felt sorry for him. He looked lost & forlorn; desperately looking for shelter.

That was the first time I wanted to "rescue" an animal.

He flew off into the gloom, but I'm sure he's alright. I don't think he was alone.

---------

So, I really despise admitting that I have girly tendencies. Yes, I am a girl, but I don't like acting like one. I hate admitting that I love clothes & shoes. Not only is this love "girly", but it also means I'd be spending money on fashionable material things, which shouldn't be valued above things I need, like food and... less... fashionable... dull... clothing. /:

Today, I allowed myself to admit my love for shoes and got curious about the different types. There's this certain style I love and I realized I didn't know what type it was! I have always liked them, even before Bridget von Hammersmark wore them in Inglourious Basterds.

She's pretty, so here's a picture.


She left one of her sweet shoes at the bar... like this:


In my opinion, it's the sexiest style of pump a woman could possibly wear -- the d'orsay style pump. [Montana Rader describes the reasoning in their blogspot.] The d'orsay is the style where "the vamp and sides of the pump are cut away to reveal the décolleté of the instep." (Montana Rader)

If you're curious about other shoe styles and their names, here is an A-Z of Women's Shoe Styles by Gill Hart.

The most tragic thing for me is that the d'orsay can never look amazing on me because I have wide, flat feet. I can only dream.
But at least I know what they're called now.

No comments:

Post a Comment