Thursday, September 2, 2010

My crippling truth

is realizing how important communication is to me.

I have always admired old fashioned courting of sorts. I usually end up imagining couples during the Civil War... imagining being the hardworking daughter waiting for a letter to arrive from my beloved.

I also envision that I have patience for slow communication like this, but it's a disappointment to realize that well, I simply don't. I curse my existence in a world fast-paced communication.

I love the Internet and all, but knowing someone has the ability to reply instantly makes you expect that person to reply instantly. When they don't reply for whatever reason, it takes a toll on the mind and spirit.

Not having the patience makes me feel weak and the sadness I get annoys me. It's not fair.

I can't imagine how bitchier men and women will be with the next technological leap... people will be praying for the old fashioned life.
We can only work as fast as our human bodies will allow us.

No comments:

Post a Comment