Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Day 42 - 49

Hmmm...
tomorrow is New Year's Eve... the 50th day of my blog,

and the New Year begins on Day 51. How convenient.

Maybe I will continue to post here.


It's still early in the evening, and now that I have time to update, I'm feeling a bit reluctant to write because it's cold. I just want to curl up in a warm ball with a book and read myself to sleep.


This year's Christmas was interesting. The cousins are growing older and I'm disappointed that all I hear from this is: "This Christmas is wack." -- The hell? DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

My small amelioration to this problem was to introduce them to Caveman Drawing game (quite possibly better known as Broken Picture Telephone). No, I didn't merely show them that website and let them loose, no. My friends & I enjoy the paper version of it, and that is what I showed my cousins. We only played 2 rounds and I wish we had played more, but the results were amazing, and I foresee that we'll need to do it during New Year's Eve too.

About that site... I only came to know of its existence through a friend who sent me a link to the top 20 sites that have been most visited during this year. I was scrolling through (not really caring too much about what I saw) when I noticed "picture" & "telephone", which I have always used to describe Caveman Drawing game... It was success and love at first sight. I love the name, but I'm so used to the endearing caveman name.

Two days with Sam was somehow magical as usual. Short, but so sweet. He saved his facial hair for me, and I swooned more easily that I usually do.

We exchanged Christmas gifts on Saturday. I received a fresh red velvet cupcake from Starbucks (which I have always wanted to try -- it was devoured a day later); and a small box of many interesting bottle caps. Now I'm slightly richer!

In my little gift package Sam got my copy of A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, 6 round pins, and some English Breakfast High Grown Black Tea from Teavana. Unfortunately, I was unable to finish my Jigglycube, but it is coming along. I have some sweet plans for its packaging. The only disappointing thing is that he still hasn't received the handmade Christmas card I sent in the mail. I'm a little worried; I try to trust that the United States Postal Service hasn't crushed it to death.

This is all I choose to write about for now.
It's almost the new year and I wish I could write something more cheerful; however looking at the way most things have turned out, I think it will get very turbulent in the next few months. I plan to tell my parents to stop treating me like I'm fifteen. I am twenty-three and have been waiting for freedom since I was eighteen.

Is this how it works in every Asian household?
It's true.
Sometimes I think I would prefer to be dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment