Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Day 41

I had a many errands to do than usual (on a day alone). And as usual, many thoughts swim through my mind as what to post here. I feel like it never makes sense, or it would be weird for me to bring a certain subject up without proper explanation. And that part seems like it would take the longest! It's probably all my imagination though...

Anyway, about today...

I woke up early, but allowed myself to daydream for another hour. Quite good...

Waited a little after 9 so we could give a bag of truffles to the men who maintain our landscape.

Before backing out of the driveway for the coin wash, I noticed the postman's truck parked across the street and the postman giving glances to the house. So we waited.

He said, "Congratulations," probably because it was addressed from a university. Since I look 14, he probably didn't expect me to say, "I graduated last year." So now, my diploma is in my possession finally. I didn't open it until later in the evening.

We washed sleeping bags and I did some cross-stitching and read a bit of Mary Poppins (by P.L. Travers). I had forgotten all about this book; all I knew was that for some reason I had a negative feeling about it floating around. After reading it today, I realized I didn't like it because frankly, Mary Poppins is a bitch. That's right. I said it. I'm also a little worried to find that scenes that the movie is almost completed in the first 4 chapters. How can I have forgotten more of the book?

I'll be reading some more.

Bought some Christmas cards & my Big Mac for the month. I have random cravings for McDonald's, and it's never often, so I assume it's about once a month.

At lunch.
Took for-fucking-ever to write in my 2 cards, sealing wax, and wrap some earrings for the mail...
only to realize I forgot the cards and packages on a chair when I was at the post office parking lot. Frustration.

Stopped by the store for some heavy whipping cream and donated my pennies to the Salvation Army. Cheer.

Opened up some mail, where I was delighted to find the pin I needed to be replaced. If anyone loves pins and would like to give them as gifts (or to have for yourself), I recommend BarrelOfMonkeys (@Etsy). Reasonable price, Sales happen (like now), and shipping is very speedy considering how far away she is located from me.

I mention that part about replacing because I ordered a 6 pins for sale from her, and one happened to be a different color than I expected. If you order something, remember to take note about colors varying depending on monitors and such. It seems like her colors are always a tad lighter than mine.

Got semi-sucked into Pet Society (another monster Playfish Facebook application) by a friend. I'm a little jealous. I want to copy every single one of her things.
Oh the guilt!

Spent the rest of the evening baking ricotta cheese cookies and frowning about voicemails and e-mails. Looks like I won't be paid until next year. But at least that means I'll have money in the New Year, and that seems like good luck!

Finally, Sam was semi-forced too uncover his surprise for me.
And of course... I'm still surprised! He's coming on the 26th.
I just hope he gets my handmade Christmas card before then.

And unfortunately, my Jigglycube will not be finished. I think.

Must sleep early... there's a radio show to be in.

No comments:

Post a Comment