Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day 56: I'm sick; Vicodin; Innocence

It's probably been more than a year since I've been sick. I'm not even seriously ill, I'm just coughing and it's annoying. Still. A situation such as this makes me envision a day where I have a job with shitty benefits and I have no insurance. Ay, me. How unfortunate things are. /:

I applied for a clerical job and forgot to add in that I passed the CBEST and CSET. My mom swears that is the reason why I didn't get hired for that Federal job.

Of course.

So I'm sick. I wasn't able to meet up with my old piano teacher. But at least I have a student in mind. Hopefully she'll respond.

I've been getting stressed out about tutoring lately; I feel like I haven't been doing my part well enough. I have been trying to think of some activities for her to do.

This relationship-thing-whatever-it-is is interesting. I hope that I can visit him before his lease is up and he completely disappears into the sunset. How depressing.

Maybe it will be for the best.

"How are you different? Imagine you are in a room with 50 random strangers. List ten ways that you are PROBABLY different from every stranger in that room, then write a piece (poetry or paragraph) that celebrates those differences."


Fifty random strangers? There's probably more that we have in common than we think.
1. They probably aren't as tall as me.
2. They probably don't have a pathetic blog like this.
3. They probably don't play the flute as well as I.
4. They are probably more skilled at math than I.
5. They probably don't speak the same languages I do.
6. They probably can't type as quick as I can.
7. They probably aren't sick today.
8. They are probably unemployed.
9. They probably don't read A Softer World.
10. They probably hate mochi ice cream.

In celebration of me, I would like to say that enjoy imagining myself to be cooler than I really am in real life. Now if only I could get myself to be that cool person.

Them: I wonder how you make Vicodin.
Us: It is made out of dreams
Us: and sleeping .... ummmmm...
Us: sleeping cute things.
Them: Somewhere in a third world country
Them: there's a factory
Them: taking the dreams of the innocent
Us: and captures clouds.
Us: Yeah
Us: can't have the dreams of the... whatever... non-innocent in there
Us: I'm sure there's a high concentration of like... newborns' dreams.
Us: All they dream about is sunshine and daisies.
Us: And maybe milk.

Very innocent.

No comments:

Post a Comment