Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Day 1

Day 1 was like any other Ordinary Day. I slopped about, read, continued to make miscommunication with Sam, made my trip to the Post Office, played the ever-so addicting Restaurant City, and hid in my room.

One: I must make a point to sleep earlier and wake up earlier. But it goes against Cake's "Short Skirt Long Jacket"-- I want a girl who/Gets up early/I want a girl who/Stays up late...
Damn, I wish I were cool. I heard nights are pretty good for adventures.

Two: I am reading A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith for the second time and I can't seem to put it down. Again. I am very relieved that I still feel the same.

Three: He seems too busy for me nowadays.

Four: I wish they made the smallest mailing packages just slightly bigger, so the Post(wo)man wouldn't grumble at me when I'm sending my handmade earrings overseas.
Or they ought to make the Customs Declarations smaller!

Five: That's right. I play that stupid Facebook application. I breast swells with pathetic pride in knowing a lot about the game. I don't know what it is about me and my adoration for people who have a wealth of knowledge--even if it is for something that is completely useless. Entertainment is low on the 'Useful' chart for me.

Six: As messy as my room is, I enjoy it. I am able to alienate myself from the world and think about... stuff. Stuff of little importance. All the words, phrases, silly little crafts, etc.

The thing that "makes" my room is my lamp. It that gives off just the right amount of light to get my imagination started. The soft shadows that my shelf and dvds cast on my wall, little glittery paper stars that sparkle, my toy gun... It is a little weak light that I continue to read under (which is probably bad for my eyesight) and it makes me very happy. The best "redecorating" decision I made was when I put a blue paper crown on top of it. And no, I'm not crazy. The crown was made for the viewing of Where the Wild Things Are. Yep.

I hope when I have a room of my own, I will feel more at home in it.
And with no explanation at all: I wonder what it's like to really be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment